As a Five Good Friends Helper you will enjoy unique benefits.
- Earn more for your skills.
- Manage your own time and be your own boss.
- Choose people with whom you are well-matched.
- Technology to make you more efficent and effective.
- Enjoy a variety and diversity of work.
- Work close to home in your local community.
What kind of help and care does a Five Good Friends Helper provide?
- Domestic assistance. Provide general help around the home including cleaning, laundry, shopping and meal preparation.
- Personal care. Respectful and caring help with personal needs including assistance with medications, showering and dressing.
- Yard maintenance. Keeping the gardens beautiful and the grounds around the home manicured and tidy.
- Home administration. Help Members organise and plan everyday activities including making appointments, general administration and using technology.
- Companionship. Keeping people company through friendships, interests and sharing activities.
- Home handyman. Doing odd jobs and minor repairs in and around the home.
What is a Five Good Friends Member looking for in a Helper?
- Reliability. Someone they can count on to be there to provide the help they need when they need it.
- Respect. Showing regard for the feelings, wishes and rights of others whilst respecting their dignity.
- Trust. Truthfulness and honesty that builds a relationship based on confidence and integrity.
- Consideration. Being fully engaged and thoughtful in the approach to understanding and helping.
- Positivity. A pleasure to be around and make others feel happy by focusing on the good things about the day.
- Engagement. Open to learning more about who they are and their life stories.
Ready to be a Five Good Friends Helper? Here’s what you will need.
- A reliable, smart phone with data;
- An Australian Business Number (ABN) or willingness to obtain one;
- Skills, licences, qualifications, and/or experience relevant to the services you would be providing;
- Be an Australian resident or provide evidence that you can work legally in Australia.