How to report an incident
Five Good Friends encourages and values the prompt identification and reporting of incidents and injuries, whether they relate to you individually or you are reporting matters of concern relating to others.
Five Good Friends has an incident management system that is fast, efficient, provides clear direction on what each of our roles are in incident management, and enables us to more effectively meet our external reporting requirements.
What is an incident?
An incident is any unplanned event during work that caused, or had the potential to cause illness, injury, property damage, or disruption to normal services.
Incidents can affect a Member or worker such as yourself, and can fall into a variety of categories including:
- Hit/struck by object
- Wound/skin integrity
- Medication management
- Health/medical event
- Near miss
- Missed visit
- Personal information
What do I do if I witness or am involved in an incident?
- The first thing to do is to promote the safety of yourselves and others. This may include:
- Contacting emergency services.
- Providing first aid.
- Removing people from harm where it is safe to do so.
- Report the incident verbally immediately to your line manager.
- For an incident regarding the Member report this to the Member's Care Manager (Contact details available in the App under Care Team)
- If the incident happened to you report it to your Helper Coordinator on 1300 787 581 Option 2.
- Each of these numbers will divert to an on-call service outside of business hours.
Report the incident in writing as directed via the Incident Report form located below: