Online Helper Training Library
Five Good Friends have launched an online training library for Helpers.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills as a Helper. Completing modules will earn you Skill Badges on the platform which will increase your opportunities for new Member matches.
The modules available are:
- Responding to challenging behaviours – dementia
General awareness and application of knowledge to work with individuals with dementia.
- Infection control in a home care setting
General awareness and application of principles of infection control in the member's home.
- Safe food handling
General awareness and application of principles of handling food safely when supporting members in their home.
- Fire safety in the home
General awareness and promotion of fire safety when working with members in their home.
- Manual handling – assisting clients safely
Application of specific manual handling techniques and use of equipment to support members with higher mobility assistance needs.
- Contactless and Reduced Contact Protocols and Contactless Shopping and Delivery
These protocols are for services where contact can be minimised or eliminated during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Additional courses may be offered to support the learning of a particular skill where relevant to a Member match such as Assisting clients with medication or Activities of Daily Living: Showering**
Once your Five Good Friends account has been activated as a Helper you will receive an invitation via email to complete the above modules. You can also access the library at anytime if you would like to revist any of the learning material, click here for instructions.