Adding, moving or cancelling a visit
Helpers can edit, cancel and create new visits on behalf of Members or Authorised Representatives.
You can work with Members and Authorised Representatives about the best time to schedule visits. You can edit and cancel visits and add new one’s at the their request. They’ll receive a text message to confirm any changes you make.
You will need to be matched to the Member and assigned as a Primary Helper by a Helper Coordinatr to add visits. Speak to your Helper Coordinator if the Member does not appear in your list.
If you are unable to attend a visit, then please contact the Helper Coordinator so they can find an alternative Helper.
When can a Helper cancel a visit?
- A Helper can cancel a visit in the future provided the Member and/or Authorised Representative have both agreed to the cancellation, and the visit has been covered by family or another Helper.
- If a visit is in the past it cannot be cancelled more than 72 hours after the visit was scheduled to commence.
When can a Helper add a visit?
- A Helper needs to be part of a Members Primary Care team to add a new visit for that Member
- A Helper can add a visit at any time when requested and approved by a Member, Authorised Representative or Care Manager - or when switching an existing visits with another Helper. The only limitation is to make sure the Member has funds to pay for additional visits.
- Helpers can't add visits that are in the past. They are required to contact a Helper Coordinator
When can a Helper edit a visit?
A Helper can edit a future visit at any time when requested/approval of a Member, Authorised Representative or Care Manager - or when switching an existing visits with another Helper. The only limitation is to make sure the Member has funds to pay for any additional time added.
Helpers can't edit visits more than 72 hours after a visit was scheduled to begin. They are required to contact a Helper Coordinator.
Who is notified when a visit is added, edited, or cancelled?
- When a visit is edited, the Member and/or Authorised Representative receive a SMS informing them of the changes.
What if the visit is an error?
- Helpers can't edit or cancel visits that are more than 72 hours in the past. If they need to change a past visit or visits that are already checked out, they should contact their Helper Coordinator on 07 3532 0796.