Setting your Rates as a Helper
As an independent contractor using Five Good Friends to run your own business, its up to you to determine the default rate which you charge for the Members you help.
How do I decide what default rate to charge?
A simple rule is to make sure that you choose a default hourly rate which is fair and competitive to your Members, but also profitable for you after you take your costs into account. These costs may include your cost of transport, professional memberships, training to gain new skills/certifications as well as the Five Good Friends platform fee.
You may also decide to change your default hourly rate depending on your qualifications or competencies that you have attained, or specific skills that you can offer to your Members and their families. Keep in mind however that the higher you set your default hourly rate, the fewer hours of your time your Members may be able to afford.
For most Helpers, we believe that choosing to set a default gross rate of $46.00/hour on a weekday (before your expenses) strikes a great balance between fantastic affordability for Members while ensuring that you earn more.
What rates can I set?
We believe the following rates are fair and competitive;-
Aged Care and Private Clients
- Weekday hourly home care - recommended rate $46.00/hr
- Saturday hourly home care - recommended rate $62.75/hr
- Sunday hourly home care - recommended rate $82.50/hr
- Public Holiday hourly home care - recommended rate $103/hr
- A premium rate for hourly home care (i.e late night visits, complex support requirements) - $62.75/hr
- A 12 hour overnight visit rate - recommended rate $260
- 24 hour block rate low level support - recommended rate $450
- 24 hour block rate medium level support - recommend rate $500
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Members
- There are various rates for NDIS Members - visit our NDIS rates explained page for further information
How can I can I change my rates?
You can choose to change your default rates at any time by speaking with your Helper Coordinator. This will change the rate you charge to any new Members you form a contract with. Your existing contracts will not change. If you wish to change any rates for your existing contracts this will involve discussions between your Helper Coordinator, the Member and their Care Manager as it will impact the Member's budget and roster. It is the Member's choice what rates they accept.
If you would like to discuss your default rates or have any questions please contact your Helper Coorindator via the App or on 1300 787 581 (press option 3).