Increase your Opportunities for Work
Are you interested in receiving more opportunities for Member matches? Here are the top 5 things you can do to maximise your opportunities.
- Keep your Helper Profile up to Date
In the App you can share your story with Members and what makes you a superstar Helper. Help us find the best Member matches for you by completing your profile.
You can also update your availability for work on your Helper profile.
- Ensure you have notifications turned on for the App
Make sure on your Helper Profile in the App you have selected you are 'Interested in receiving opportunities'.
You will be notified of opportunities for matches with Members via the App and can respond Yes/No/Maybe with comments. Check you have enabled notifications so you will immediately receive any opportunities with Members we think you'd be a great match for. We may send an opportunity to more than one helper so please check your notifications regularly.
- Promote yourself as a Helper on Social Media and with promotional materials
- We’ve created a Social Media Kit to assist you in reaching out to a new and wider community that might benefit from your services. With this tool, you’ll be able to start the conversation across different platforms and connect with community groups and other potential members in a more personalised way.
- We’ve created a Helper Promo Kit which contains an array of brochures for you to distribute in your local community for both prospective Members and Helpers.
- If you know someone who could benefit from becoming a Member with Five Good Friends and they would like you to be their Helper, share their details with us and we will reach out to them.
- Apply for an NDIS Worker Screening Check
Five Good Friends is a proud registered provider of NDIS services. To match you with Members living with disability and funded by the NDIS, you need to have an approved Disability Background Screening check. If you only have a National Police Check Certificate then we can only match you with Aged Care Members.
If you already have a Disability Worker check and have not yet linked to Five Good Friends please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Engage in Learning and Development Activities
On the Helper Hub we regularly promote new courses, resources and activities available for Helpers to progress their skills and learning. Here are some of our recent posts:
We've also released new courses on our Learning Hub for Helpers including Aged Care Standards and Rainbow of Difference. Access our library here.