Coronavirus (Covid 19) - Close Contact Requirements New South Wales 12.5.22
The Commonwealth and State Governments continue to ease restrictions with the goal of moving the community to a position where we can 'live with COVID-19'. Our primary focus throughout the pandemic has been to ensure the health and safety of our Helpers, Members and staff. While the community may start to feel a greater sense of ease, restrictions and reporting requirements remain for Helpers and Five Good Friends (FGF) staff.
New South Wales close contact requirements
Under New South Wales Government guidelines if you are identified as a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case, for work purposes you must follow the below guidelines:
- You must advise Five Good Friends if you are a close contact.
- **You cannot work in the home care setting (attend Member visits) for at least 7 days.
- Our COVID-19 Coordinators will review your roster and organise replacement Helpers for your visits during your close contact period. Please advise us if your Members don't wish to have a replacement while you're unavailable.
- Monitor for symptoms and notify FGF if you test positive.
- Complete any testing and isolation requirements defined by NSW Health
- You must be symptom free for 48hrs before returning to work.
- You cannot accept any visits direclty from Members or other Helpers even if the Member advises they're ok for you to attend.
- See our Attending Work Guidelines for more information.
We are here to help you
We have created a COVID-19 Co-ordination Team that implements a robust system dedicated to support and monitor you through these times. If you develop signs or symptoms or return a positive COVID-19 test please contact Five Good Friends immediately on 1300 787 581 or email@example.com and we will guide you through the next steps.