Companionship Support At Home
Stuck on ideas of what you and your Member can do together during your companionship visits?
Coming up with fun, exciting new things to do together with your Member during a companionship visit can be a great way to build rapport with your member. During COVID-19, you may be restricted to staying inside the Members home during the visit and should be socially distancing where possible.
Our Helper Coordinators have put their heads together, and brainstormed a list of potential activities you can do together that are social distancing friendly. Here's what they came up with:
- Build a raised herb garden/ window box
- Indoor bowls or in the garden
- Movie Marathon - Select a favourite actor/actress and watch a different movie of their's each week. Make some popcorn and try to create a cinema at home for the Member.
- Travel the world from your kitchen - Pick a country and cook a meal from that country each visit/week- Thai, Himalayan, Swedish, Mexican etc
- At home spa day - some face masks, a hair treatment, nail painting
- Yoga at home - there are lots of YouTube videos for routines suitable for seniors or people with
- Knitting /crocheting/cross stitch
- Sewing - Could do patchwork quilting and even make a coverlet!
- Listen to their Favourite Music/Artist
- Helpers and members could do portraits of each other (you could make this serious or funny!)
- Card games
- Have a tea party or indoor/garden picnic
- Ring toss, jacks, other games commonly played by children of their era
If you have any suggestions that you would recommend, we would love to hear from you! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or text the team on 0488 849 331