Being a Helper on the Five Good Friends Platform
Five Good Friends do home care differently – more control, empowering technology, more hours of care and exceptional service. We connect our Members to the best people who provide care in their community so they can maintain their freedom and quality of life in the comfort of their own home. Helpers make the magic happen and we value the work that they do and the contribution they make to their Members' lives.
On the Five Good Friends platform Helpers have the best of both worlds. Helpers operate as independepent contractors and have the flexibility to choose when they work and who they work with, whilst also having the support of an organisation to introduce them to Members and access technoloogy to run their business as a carer in the community.
Why join Five Good Friends as a Helper?
1:1 care - Helpers provide direct 1:1 care to individuals living in the community. We setup long-term matches between Members and Helpers where they have they opportunity to spend quality time together during visits and build rapport. Learn more about how we find the perfect match here.
Select your services - Helpers choose which services they offer to Members including: Companionship, Home Administration, Personal Care, Medication Support, Domestic assistance, Transport, Home and Yard Maintenence.
Membership base - As an independent contractor you can build your own Member base and choose who you will be matched with. Our Helper Coordinators will send you opportunities, via our App, for matches with Members who we think you will enjoy supporting. We have a diverse Membership base with Helpers offering support to private Members, Home Care Package (Aged Care) Members and NDIS Participants. You can easily respond via the App to indicate your interest in a Member Match. We then setup a meet and greet with the Member so you can get to know one another and decide whether it's the right fit for you both before committing to regular visits.
Freedom and flexibility to create a schedule that suits your lifestyle - you choose which opportunities you are interested in! You can liaise directly with Members and update you roster via the App if you need to reschedule visits or contact another Helper in the Member's team to cover a visit for you.
Flexible rates - as an independent contractor it's up to you to determine the default rate which you charge for the Members you help. You can choose rates which reflect your skills and experience. Helpers pay a reasonable platform fee (a percentage of their hourly rate) to have access to the FGF platform and the ongoing support and opportunities this provides for them in running their own business as a carer. Learn more about setting rates as a helper here and the platform fee here.
Technology - Access to the Lookout App which provides you with the technology to run your business on the go from rostering to finance and marketing.
Marketing - The power of the Five Good Friends platform and marketing to generate new memberships and business opportunities for helpers. We also give you the tools as a helper to promote your services with a social media tool kit and other promotional materials.
Professional development opportunities - We have a library of online learning modules available for Helpers as well as a team dedicated to linking Helpers to upskilling pathways and providing education and training to support your Member matches.
Helper Hub - Online hub for Helpers with eductional resources, events, business tips and well-being content.
Care Teams - It takes a team working together to deliver our members truly exceptional care. A Care Team consists of a group of specialists committed to the key areas of our members support and help and are made up of a Care Manager, Community Nurse Consultant, Helper Coordinator and Helpers. Learn more about how Care Teams work here.
27/4 Support - We can be contacted anytime on 1300 787 581, we have an oncall team available outside of business hours to provide support with urgent matters.
Help Plans - The Five Good Friends app features a tailored Help Plan for every member. The Help Plan contains key information about the strategy for our member's ongoing care and goals.
Requirements for becoming a Helper on the Platform
- Desire to help people in your local community to live a quality life at home
- Your own ABN as an Independent Contractor or willingness to obtain
- An Aged Care background screening check to be matched with aged care Members (either a successful National Police Check issued within the past 2.5years OR an NDIS Workder Screening Check).
- An NDIS Worker Screening Check to be matched with NDIS funded Members.
- Skills, licences, qualifications, and/or experience relevant to the services you would be providing
- Smartphone to use the Five Good Friends App Lookout
Yes I'd love to be a Helper! What's next...?
- Complete an application to become a Helper here. We'll ask you questions about your skills, experience, hobbies and services you're wanting to offer so we can get to know you.
- We'll review your profile and begin working on trying to find you a great match. If we don't have an immediate match for you in your area we are expanding and growing all the time and will continue to work on finding you suitable matches.
- If we have a match we'll contact you to organise an interview and if you're successful we'll then need a few more details (e.g. copies of background checks, referee details etc) to finalise your registration on the platform.
Contact a Recruitment Advisor on 1300 787 501 if you have any further questions