We are looking for a full-time Community Nurse to support our growth in Greater Melbourne, in addition you may also be required to travel to regional Victoria.
We will provide you with everything you need to do your job, including a company car or we can pay you a generous motor vehicle allowance – it’s up to you.
Five Good Friends is an empowering place for people to work. Whatever your strengths you will have the opportunity to explore and grow with our support. Your ideas and contributions matter! By providing exceptional care, you’ll help redefine how home care can be a transformative and life affirming experience for our Members and our workers. The work we do is meaningful and the problems we solve are interesting.
What would an average week look like for me?
First and foremost, your priority is our Members. You could find yourself working on any of the following:
Support the Care Team to manage great communities of Members, Helpers and networks. Maintain a highly developed working knowledge of the Home Care Package program. Liaise with allied health professionals and external service providers in the health care industry Nursing visits (clinical oversight of Members) – attend Member homes for periodic clinical consultations and nursing services. Manage onboarding of new Members including initial assessments and sign ups. Work alongside the Care Manager to ensure care plans are thorough and complete Provide advice to the Care Team with respect to clinical and nursing issues.
Who am I and what do I care about?
Keeping people healthy and happy in the homes they love is what drives you. You love to learn what will make a difference to people's lives and you are uncompromising on quality. You keep sight of the bigger picture, always working toward it and helping others see it too. You know that caring for a loved one is stressful, so you take time to engage with family and listen to their knowledge of what does and doesn’t work. We. will sometimes offer to welcome people to Five Good Friends outside of business hours so you will need to be a little flexible on occasion.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Tertiary qualifications in nursing essential, current AHPRA registration
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience in nursing would be great.
- Current or recent wound management experience, IDC/SPC insertion and pressure injury prevention and management experience would also be highly regarded
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and negotiation skills
- Current driver's license
- Successful National Police Check (we can do this for you)
- NDIS National Worker screening check
- First Aid and CPR current certification
- Work flexibly
You'll have a flexible work arrangement allowing you to work from home when you are not visiting our Members. We have developed the best care management technology in the world that allows you to collaborate as part of a wider team from anywhere.
The way we work and the perks we offer are designed to help you live a fulfilling life.
- We’ll provide everything you need to work, wherever you live
- We'll provide you with professional development opportunities
- You'll get four weeks of paid annual leave and ten days of paid personal leave. You'll also get an extra day of paid annual leave for each year you're with us after completing your second year
- You'll get a yearly $500 well-being allowance to spend on anything that betters your life away from work. Some of the things we've used our allowances on are running shoes, remedial massages, gym memberships, books, and dancing classes
- You'll get access to our employee assistance programme where you can get private and professional counselling
We’d love to hear from you
We strongly encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and life experiences to apply. Each new person is an opportunity for us to bring a different perspective into the team. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace where you can do your best and most rewarding work. This is one of the reasons why we were just awarded as a Top Ten Best Places to Work 202 in the health care category.
If the above sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. For further details or just to have a chat please contact Amos Sharan at [email protected]
Looking for more information?
If you are new to Five Good Friends, we also encourage you to watch this video, which explains how we work.