Five Good Friends is looking for a full-time skilled and experienced Disability Support Worker in Adelaide.
Are you looking for an opportunity where you....
- Work full time helping people in your local community to live a quality life at home.
- Regular hours - (times to be negotiated with successful candidate). Limited work outside of permanent hours.
- Be part one of Australia’s best places to work (AFR Health Sector 2021) taking an innovative and person-centred approach to care.
- Work as part of a flexible and dynamic team where every day is different.
- Work together with multi-discipline care team to provide a holistic home care approach for Members .
- Support the learning and development of Carers on the Five Good Friends platform.
If this sounds like you, please join us in creating a better, brighter future for our Members’. Be part of the revolution that is transforming the way people are cared for in Australia.
Here's how you will be helping
Our platform matches Helpers (Support Workers) with Members living in the community based on skills, shared interests and personality fit. We are seeking to add Disability Support Workers to the team to provide Members with high quality services. These may be ongoing matches or you may support a Member while they’re waiting for their perfect long-term Helper match. You will also support existing matches by covering services if the regular Helper is unavailable.
You will work with both NDIS and aged care members to provide a range of support including:
Personal Care - e.g. showering, dressing, medication assistance, manual handling Domestic Assistance - e.g. cleaning, cooking, laundry, shopping, light gardening Companionship - e.g. providing company through friendships, interests and activities Driving and Community Access - e.g. driving to appointments, shops, outings if needed Home Administration - e.g. booking appointments, organising special events, support with technology Home Maintenance - e.g changing light bulbs or smoke alarm batteries Home Safety Checklist Assessments Buddying with Helpers to support their learning and development and provide handovers when introducing a new Helper match.
What is needed to apply for this opportunity
- Certificate III Individual Support/Disability/Mental Health or above essential.
- Aged care qualification or similar is accetable
- 3 years experience in a community support work.
- Experience or qualification in training and assessment will be highly regarded.
- Open Driver's License and own vehicle essential – mileage reimbursement paid per km.
- Ability to obtain clear National Police Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Smartphone to use the Five Good Friends App Lookout.